Saturday, July 13, 2024

Saturday 9: Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days of Summer


Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…

 Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Nat King Cole sings about enjoying "soda and pretzels and beer." Which of those three would we find in your kitchen right now?
A mess. I injured my back again and can’t bend-over to pick up stuff on the floor. In the mornings I go around the kitchen from the day before.

2) The lyrics mention a romantic movie. Which movie couple do you believe had onscreen chemistry?
Lauren Bacall and Humphrey Bogart

3) He wishes "summer could always be here." How has your summer been so far?
So, so. Cape Cod is having another invasion of huge salt-marsh mosquitoes that are so big they can carry you off.

4) According to the song, a great warm weather meal includes sandwiches and weinies. Tell us about your perfect sandwich or, if you prefer, what you believe is the ideal way to dress a hot dog.
Well that is an open-ended question.

Any or all are acceptable on a hot dog;
Cheese,
Ketchup,
Pickle relish,
Mustard,
Chili,
Onion,
Sauerkraut,
Bacon,
Mayonnaise,
BBQ Sauce,
Hot Sauce,
And anything else you want to paint on a dog.

The dog that I had the other day was stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon and covered in onions and Awesome Sauce

5) Nat was a big baseball fan. Growing up in Chicago he played sandlot games and listened to Cubs games on the radio. As an adult he was a season ticket holder at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles. Do you enjoy playing/watching baseball or softball?
Nope, not a bit, never, no way… I am just not a fan of team sports. Ski racing, sailboat races, yeah I will watch those.

6) The lyrics of this week's song were written by Charlie Tobias, who wanted to create a sense of nostalgia for summers gone by. Share one of your special summer memories.
This one happened eleven years ago, we were all up at the New Hampshire lake cottage for the Fourth. When a phone call came and about an hour later I was all by my self. My grandniece was born… she is a fireworks baby. Kind of makes it easy to remember her birthday.

7) In 1963, one of the best-selling books was Happiness Is a Warm Puppy by Charles Schultz. The cover showed Lucy giving Snoopy a big hug. Name another character from the Peanuts comic strip.
Pig Pen.

8) Also in 1963, men were wearing thin, solid-color ties. Later in the decade, ties would become wider, patterned and more colorful. Where do you turn to keep up with fashion trends?
The Army and Navy store.
I don’t really keep up with fashion. I like Amazon for clothes, their selection is huge. It seems like all the department stores all carry the same limited collections.

9) Random question: Would you rather be a cowboy or a pirate?
A cowgirl, we don’t get hanged from a yardarm.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!



I had a good time last weekend up in Vermont, it was hot and humid Saturday and the big (I mean big!) bonfire was delayed until after 11PM because of rain... way past my bedtime. They had about 25 - 30 people on Saturday with about a dozen camping over. I stayed at a B&B with two other "seniors", I am way past the age of sleeping on the ground.

They have a Swiss Chalet type house on the side of the hill, so it is always up and down stairs. In those two days days I probably went up and down more times that I did all year so far and I'm still feeling in my back a week later.

But all had a good time, this is something like my dozenth year attending the cookout.

9 comments:

  1. #1: Well, I hope you have soda, pretzels and beer, like the song says. They can make summer and a bad back feel better and, since the soda and beer belong in the fridge, you shouldn't have to bend too deeply to grab them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know about back pain. I hope you feel better soon. That is bad pain. It is hard to do anything.
    I have never shopped Amazon for clothes, but I have a lot of friends that do. I should go take a look. Loved your answers!
    Have a nice weekend! ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never Never ketchup on a hotdog! Here in Chicago it’s almost against the law. Most restaurants won’t put it on for you. Give you a packet and do it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been having back trouble, too. My doctor yesterday put me on some medicine for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet all those stairs triggered you back. I hope you are back in action soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hot dogs sound amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Richard Nelson7/13/24, 5:56 PM

    One thing I find to be very helpful is a grabber. I have one and can pick up all sorts of things from the floor. I do not use it for up high cabinets as I am moving things out of those. Check them out there are all types. I was amazed one day when I dropped a Pea or two and could pick them up with the grabber. A dime maybe not. Get well soon, real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Pigpen too. That hot dog sounds great, especially with bacon!

    ReplyDelete