Thursday, July 04, 2024

On This 4th July

I give you the words of the 18th President of the United States…
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition, and ignorance on the other
Ulysses S. Grant
I asked you on this Fourth of July to think of where this country of ours is heading?

What candidate tried a coup?
What candidate threatened revolution if he lost?
What candidate threatened to court marshal his political opponents?

We are at a crossroads, will we go as 1930 Germany went? All will the people see the trap of voting for the convicted felon, the slick con artist?

1 comment:

  1. Richard Nelson7/4/24, 4:45 PM

    Very mixed feelings about today, July 4. I still do not feel free. What am I to celebrate a halfway point, the inch-by-inch crawl?

    ReplyDelete