Saturday, July 20, 2024

Disco Duck

Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9
questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
I am up at the cottage with company and I doubt that I will be able to answer your posts.

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Rick Dees begins by describing a party where he can't resist that disco beat. What's the last party you attended? Was there dancing?
Well there are several definitions for “party.” If you mean a “party” party I haven’t been to one in ages while I have been with a group of people at a cookout where we “partied” two weekends ago.

2) While this record was a massive international hit in 1976, it got off to an inauspicious start. Rick Dees said it took him less than a day to write the song, and more than three months to convince anyone to let him record it. Tell us about a time you were tempted to give up, but were glad you didn't.
Being retired for almost twenty years I have a laissez-faire attitude, if you can’t do something you can always try another day.

3) In the hit movie Saturday Night Fever, students are briefly seen learning to dance to "Disco Duck." Can you name another song from Saturday Night Fever?
Stayin' Alive and More Than A Woman

4) Dees was already a top disc jockey in Memphis when "Disco Duck" was released. With the record's success, his radio career soared and he got a better job reaching a greater audience at a radio station in Los Angeles. Are there any disc jockeys you loyally listened to every day?
No, I hardly listen to the radio any more except for when I’m driving and then I listen to an all news station, WBZ.

5) After more than 20 years, Rick lost his regular radio slot to Ryan Seacrest. But he still shares "the hottest music on the planet" through the Rick Dees Hit Music app (available at the Apple App Store or Google Play). What app have you recently downloaded to your phone?
Um… I am not a big fan of smartphone apps. The last one I downloaded was an app to identify bird calls and I cannot even remember what app I downloaded before that.

6) He used his favorite radio format to create a cookbook called Rick Dees All-Time Top 40 Greatest Desserts. If you could finish a delicious meal with the dessert of your choice, anything at all, what would you order?
Well last nights strawberry shortcake was pretty good.

7) In 1976, when "Disco Duck" was a hit, The Bionic Woman premiered on ABC. Because of her "bionic parts," Jamie Summers could run super fast, had super-sensitive hearing, and super-human strength. If you could have one of those qualities enhanced -- speed, hearing or strength -- which would you choose?
Well I’m not really interested in any of those superpowers, I rather have the superpower of not having chronic back pain.

8) Also in 1976, like this year, the world got together for The Summer Olympics. Will you be following the international competition?
No.
Short and simple answer. If they have sailing I might watch that (Google says that there is sailing at the Olympics).
 
9) Random question: You're bone tired, exhausted, and you have an early day tomorrow. As you wash your face and brush your teeth before bed, one of the two bulbs in the bathroom fixture goes out. Do you 1) change the bulb before bed or 2) promise yourself to do it in a hurry tomorrow as you're rushing around in the morning or 3) decide you can live with one bulb for a while, go to bed, and replace the burned-out bulb when you get around it?
#3 hands down! Besides there is a window in the bathroom.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Perhaps if you'd had the superpower of strength, you wouldn't have strained your back in the first place. Right now I'm struggling with knee pain so I chose speed. I hate how slow I move now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know there was a bird song app. That sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am #3 for #9 also. So funny.
    I like the idea of no back pain (how about body pain) superpower. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to physical therapy and building muscles gives strength and can alleviate some back issues. It is helping me. You can't have speed without strength! Strawberry shortcake sounds good. I may have to watch sailing this year. Sorry about your knees.

    ReplyDelete