Saturday, July 27, 2024

Saturday 9: Nevertheless (I'm in Love with You)

Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Saturday 9: Nevertheless (I'm in Love with You) 1969
On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
This is a travel day for me, I am heading home for a doctors routine appointment and then zip back to the Cape. I decided to come home tomorrow.


Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Liza Minnelli acknowledges that she may be "taking a terrible chance." Have you done anything risky lately?
Well what level of risk? I pulled out to Rt. 6 with a left turn and that was risky on Cape Cod, Rt. 6 is bumper to bumper both directions. I call it “No Left Turn” season, you take a right and then take your first left turn.

2) In 1969, when Liza recorded this song, she was 23 and her career was really beginning to take off. She was a sought-after guest on TV talk and variety shows and received her first Oscar nomination. Give us a quick overview of your life at 23.
I was just getting out of college.

3) Also in 1969, the first Gap store was opened in San Francisco. What have you recently added to your wardrobe? If yes, where did you buy it?
New sneakers… Amazon.
Well you see it was like this (As I wrote on Facebook):
Well it is a long an involved story and it all begins with going out for supper in Provincetown with some friends at Tin Pan Ally. Afterwards my friends had never been in P’town before and my back was hurting and I blew out my sneakers… two pair just blew up! Disintegrated! Into little pieces all along a National Seashore trail. So as a result I was wearing surfwalkers to P’town, so I said that I would sit in front of the town hall.
As I sat there on the bench, behind me there was a juggler juggling knives while standing on a board that was balancing on a ball. In front were two people with typewriters typing out poems on any subject.
So since there are no shoe stores in P’town I order them from Amazon, I order the same make and size as the old blown out sneakers.

4) Liza says she always has apple juice in her refrigerator. What's something you're certain to have in your frig?
Milk.
But I’m out of it right now and since I’m heading home right now I don’t want milk at the cottage to go bad.

5) Liza's favorite card game is poker. What's yours?
Hearts.

6) Though Liza recorded the song in 1969, "Nevertheless (I'm in Love with You)" was written way back in 1931. It has been recorded more than 50 times by artists as diverse as Bing Crosby, Andy Gibb and Bob Dylan. Before today, had you heard it?
I might have but I’m lousy with titles and artists.
 
7) "Nevertheless (I'm in Love with You)" is credited to Bert Kalmer and his partner, Harry Ruby. Another one of their hits was "Who's Sorry Now?" Do you owe anyone an apology?
Nope.

8) Together they also wrote "Hooray for Captain Spaulding," sung onscreen by Groucho Marx in the movie Animal Crackers. There were five Marx Brothers in all. How many can you name?
Four. Gummo and Chico I'm always forgetting. Zeppo I remember as Zippo.

9) Random question: Do you believe talking to plants helps them grow?
Nope, but it makes you grow. I imagine that talking to plants you can work out your problems on them .

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Be careful in the traffic. It is crazy in the town I work in too...tourist town. I have to be careful there. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an interesting story about your sneakers. I hope they were very old and had served you well, which is why you bought another pair just like them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Driving on Long Island has always bed risky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I didn't think of traffic as risky--I've been to Central Maine where there are oblivious tourists! I haven't played Hearts in a long time. I tried playing on the computer but I was convinced it was cheating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you about that traffic. Is it just me or are people does not care anymore, going too fast, and just total disregard her other humans life? Anyway I do hope you have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete