Saturday, October 08, 2022

Saturday 9 Love Sneakin' Up on You

Of course you know that I had to bring my camera with me to Vermont and here is a fruit of the trip.

Two other photos can be found here.




On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) The song begins with Bonnie Raitt waiting anxiously for a call. If your phone were to ring right now, who would you expect to be on the other end?
A spammer.

All my contacts I have given a special ring tone to it and my family has another ring tone, if it does have those rings I don’t answer it.

2) She likens trying to avoid love to trying to stop the rain. Is rain expected where you are this weekend?

No, but it rained Monday through Wednesday and some pretty intense thunderstorm ended the rainy period. The drought has been busted!

3) Bonnie was accepted by Radcliffe College but once she got there, she decided higher education wasn't for her and she dropped out to become a performer. Tell us about something you're not sorry you walked away from.

From the executive director of a non-profit, after 13 years we disagreed over doing workshops for profit.

4) Bonnie's father was Broadway star John Raitt. Because of his career, the family was based on the East Coast. Once Bonnie got out to the West Coast, she realized she felt more at home and settled in the San Francisco area. Today, do you live far from where you grew up?

Nope… less than a mile as the crow flies.

5) Prince invited Bonnie to his home, Paisley Park, to discuss working together. The project never happened, but she treasures the memory of her time with a musician she greatly admired. What's your favorite Prince song?

I’m not a real fan of Prince but I’ll pick “Purple Rain.”

6) When she's on the road, Bonnie likes to order Thai food. What's for dinner tonight at your house?

PIZZA! I bought some dough the other day so I’m making pizzas in the toaster oven.

7) In 1994, when this song was popular, ER debuted and became a big hit for NBC. Do you enjoy doctor shows?

Nope, never watched any.

8) Also in 1994, Olympic figure skating hopeful Nancy Kerrigan was the victim of an attack. Her rival was rumored to be involved. Without looking it up, do you remember the name of that rival?

Nope, this is the week of short answers.

9) Random question -- Which of these famous Tom would you rather be seated beside at dinner: Tom Cruise, Tom Jones, or Tom Brady?

Tom Cruise – stuck up.
Tom Jones – would be interesting to talk to.
Tom Brady – I’m not a fan of football.

6 comments:

  1. Pizza! You may have inspired my Saturday dinner choice. I have to keep it kinda bland, but a nice big slice of plain cheese pizza never hurt anyone, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nonprofit organization doing workshops for profit? That sounds questionable at best. I wish my phone allowed me to give people special ringtones. At least it does identify suspected spammers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purple Rain is a good song. And gosh, what a photo! That's magnificient!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use a special ring tone and text alert with certain people too, so I know to actually look at my phone. I ignore it a lot.
    Your pizza sounds so good! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that picture! I have certain ringtones for family members too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that photo in your header. And I think a Spammer was the last person to call my home phone. If it's not a dire threat, it's a "trick you into telling them something they have no business knowing" call.

    ReplyDelete