Saturday, October 29, 2022

Sam's Saturday 9: Haunted

Saturday 9: Haunted (2013)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun… (In honor of Halloween I'm orange today)



Unfamiliar with this week's featured song? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Beyonce sings that she's sure if a man is haunting her thoughts, she must be haunting his. Who is on your mind this morning?

No one.

2) The lyrics mention her "wicked tongue." Have you said anything recently that you wish you could take back?

Nope.

3) Beyonce says her lucky number is 4. Her birthday is 9/4, her mom's birthday is 1/4 and her husband's birthday is 12/4. She chose 4/4 for her wedding day. Do you have a lucky number?

Gee… nothing but short answers.

Nope.

4) Beyonce told an interviewer  that, while on the road, she loves to eat Popeye's fried chicken and the fast-food chain offered her free food for life. She admits she's been too embarrassed to take them up on it. If you could get free food for life from any restaurant, which restaurant would you choose?

A seafood restaurant.

An endless supply of lobster Newburg, shrimp carbonara, stuff sole...

These questions will help us get into the Halloween spirit ....

5) Candy corn is a trick-or-treat staple. Do you like it?

I hate the stuff, nothing but pure sugar.

6) In 2019, the most popular pet costume was a pumpkin outfit designed for dogs. Have you ever dressed your pet in a costume?

No but pets.

7) According to the Guinness Book of Records, the award for highest number of jack-o-lanterns in one place went to Keene, NH, where in 2013 there were 30,581. How many carved pumpkins will be at your home on Halloween?

Zero.

But I saw the pumpkins in Keene once!

I saw on the news the carved pumpkins at the Roger Williams Park Zoo in Providence RI and it looked interesting.

8) In years gone by, the Irish celebrated Halloween not with pumpkins but by carving turnips, potatoes and beets. Are any of those foods in your kitchen right now?

I have some baby yellow potatoes, they would be awful small to carve but might look neat.

9) Some Elvis fans believe they have seen his ghost hovering in the trees over Graceland. Have you ever seen a ghost?

Nope.

***

Sorry about last week's Saturday 9, but I was at a conference all day and there was a banquet in the evening and I got to bed way past my bedtime. Sunday I didn't feel like doing anything but sleep.

8 comments:

  1. How cool that you actually saw the Keene jack-o-lanterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the way to our cottage in New Hampshire I had to drive through Keene so I took a small detour one time to drive to where the pumpkins were located. I saw and saw an article about them in Yankee Magazine.

      Delete
  2. Soetimes it is worth it to take a detour to see something interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen pictures of all kinds of tiny things carved. I bet the potatoes would be really neat, if one had that kind of talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to detour and see new things sometimes. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew you'd pick a seafood restaurant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tiny carved potatoes sound cool but you couldnt put a light inside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've done teeny tiny pumpkin carving a couple of years, they are absolutely adorable when they are finished and lighted. I'm wondering about potatoes now, and I bet they are very cute. Hope you got those Powerball numbers you wanted!

    ReplyDelete