On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Paula Abdul tells her boyfriend he's got to remember, she's forever his girl. How's your memory? Do you remember things easily or do you leave yourself notes and reminders?
Well let me put it this way, I’m no spring chicken and my memory isn’t like my memory was in my 60s.
2) Paula reassures her lover that she can't be swayed by another man, even if he gave her diamonds or pearls. Tell us about a piece of jewelry that means something to you.
An earring and necklace that my niece gave for Christmas the year that I transitioned, it was a present that I always dream of getting.
3) Paula is best known as one of the original judges of American Idol. Without looking it up, can you recall the men who sat on either side of her?
Ha! I never watched the show.
4) Paula has been dancing since age 8 and moves very well in heels. Tell us about your favorite shoes.
5) A lifelong dancer, Paula admits she's not a trained singer. For this record, she worked with producer Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds, who won accolades for his work with singers including Madonna, Kelly Clarkson, Toni Braxton and Janet Jackson. Who is your all-time favorite female singer?
Linda Ronstadt – Different Drum
6) She advises young girls to "keep the faith and don't lose your gut instinct." How about you? Are you more logical or instinctive?
My logical mind is very instinctive.
7) Paula is excited that Richard Branson has chosen her song, "Straight Up" as the theme for his Virgin Galactic Spaceflight company. Would you like to orbit above the earth?
YES! YES! YES!
8) In 1989, when this song was a hit, the Sears Holiday Wish Book was big on bathrobes. Men and women alike were tempted with brightly colored, belted robes with hoods and patch pockets. Tell us about your bathrobe.
It is just your typical fleece pink bathrobe with a hood.
9) Random question: What do you consider your best quality?
My quietness, I’m a good listener
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!
I will not be able to reply to your posts because I’m going away for a weekend party in Vermont. I’m staying at a B&B because these old bones just can’t stand sleeping on a couch or in a tent. St night we have a huge bonfire and we will probably need it it is going to be COLD! It suppose to be around 40 overnight.
I’ll reply to those who post early but I am heading north around 11.