Saturday, October 22, 2022

Saturday 9: Things

Saturday 9: Things (1962)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Bobby Darin is sitting beside his window, looking out onto a crowded avenue. What's the view outside your nearest window?

The road and the other cottages, kind of boring.

2) He likes to remember the romantic things he and his girl used to do, like walking in the park. When did you most recently go for a leisurely stroll? Did you have a destination in mind, or were you just enjoying the walk for its own sake?

Unfortunately it was before the plague, as a results I am terribly out of shape. Yesterday I walked about a half a mile and that did me in, I need to build up my stamina. Yesterday I walked about a half mile and my back and hip was killing me.

3) He notes a couple holding hands. Are you comfortable displaying affection in public?

Nope. My Father was devoutly Catholic and never showed any affection but I know he loved my mother dearly.

They wanted me to photograph them
on their anniversary in a formal photo
but I snapped this candid

4) When Bobby recorded this song, he was married to screen sweetheart Sandra Dee. Today she is best known as the inspiration for the song, "Look at Me, I'm Sandra Dee." Can you name another song from Grease?

I only saw the movie once or twice and never really like it, so I am not familiar with the songs. Also it was from the Disco era.

5) Bobby loved gadgets. He was enthusiastic about his suitcase telephone, which was one of the first mobile phones. Are you an early adapter, or do you wait for new technology to be around awhile and not so new before you try it?

I don’t adapt technology for technology sake, I just don’t understand why people have to have the latest Apple phone.

Okay back in high school… I had a convertible and one boring day after school I was driving around with some friends and I had a bunch of electronic junk in the back seat including a telephone handset. My friend picked it up and started talking on it like it was a mobile phone, boy that turned a lot of heads. 

6) He was a chess fanatic and always kept a magnetic chess board in his briefcase, just in case he found someone who was willing to play him. Are you a good chess player?

Horrible at chess, Backgammon is my game, I am playing Backgammon at a picnic.

7) He very much wanted to play Tony in West Side Story, but he didn't the part because the producers didn't think he looked like a romantic leading man. What actor or actress makes your heart skip a beat?

No one. I'm not impressed by actors and actresses

8) In 1962, when this song was popular, Jack Nicklaus launched his successful golf career. Do you enjoy playing golf, or watching it on TV?

Neither, but I like miniature golf. My father was an avid golfer and always want me to take up the game.

9) Random question: Which would we find in your kitchen right now -- cookies or ice cream?

Neither. No cookies, no ice cream, I haven’t had either of them since last year.

~~~~~~~

I am at a conference this week so I might be slow in replying to your comments.

8 comments:

  1. I wish I'd thought of miniature when I answered the question. I enjoy that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on being out of shape due to the pandemic...and now arthritis is rearing its head so, yep, a walk usually leaves me with painful hips and feet. I used to love playing backgammon but it's been years since I never could get my husband or kids hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get into shape, too. Walking leaves me aching as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautful candid photo of your parents! I love it.
    My son does not like Grease either. Well, I am not sure if that is still true, but for a long time he did not like it. He is 24.
    Enjoy your conference! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like you and Gal, I love miniature golf, and something called pitch n putt. So much fun!
    Your parents look like they adored each other, and that photo is so sweet.
    I’m going to try to walk a little more but in a month or so I turn 80, and, by God, I am tired. 😆

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can’t comment on your blog from my iPad. I’ll try from the PC tomorrow. Now watch this go through. 😛 😆

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to physical therapy to learn to do exercises properly. I have lost a lot of muscle. Every little bit counts, even stretching!

    ReplyDelete