Thursday, October 18, 2018

Fantasia Fair Day 4

The week is flying by, it is Thursday already and there are four more days to the Fair.

For me the day started at 8:30 AM when a contractor came out to give me a quote for remodeling my cottage bathroom and to bring it up to current code (for one thing there are no GFIs in the kitchen or bathroom).

For lunch yesterday and today I picked Tin Pan Alley and I had grilled cheese and tomato bisque. I then went grocery shopping and slow cooked meatballs and sausage to make a meatball grinder for supper.

I was planning on going to the Fashion Show but I changed my mind when a strong cold front came through with a squall line of rain. When I was getting ready to back to P’town for the fashion show it poured with wind driven rain, the winds were gusting to over 45 mph and was pouring. The rain lasted less than 5 minutes but it was enough for me to decide not to go to the fashion show. So I settled back and watch the 1992 Tom Clancy's Patriot Games.

I am not a big fan of the Fashion Show, my fashion consist of jeans, blouse, and sneakers. I have seen it many times in the dozen years of going to the Fair. When I first attended the Fair in 2000 and in 2003 I wrote this about FanFair (all my old FanFair reports at there),
I then went to hear part two of "The Reality of the Real Life Experience", that got finished at four-thirty and I went back to the B & B and a couple that I know had just arrived from Connecticut. We later went out to dinner and then to Fantasia Fair Fashion show. The fashion show lived up to it usual high quality entertainment, my only comment was that I think that this year’s show was a little long. They have four categories, beach ware, casual ware, mall wear and eveningwear, and I think with the twenty-three participants it made the show too long. After the show I met another friend who had just come up from Connecticut also. Some of us headed over to the B & B that we were at last night. I left at a little before one and the party was still going strong.
One AM is way after my bed time after 14 years; it is more like 10 PM now.

This morning the wind was still howling at 20 mph with gusts to over 30 mph.

I saw my first "Vote Yes on 3" in Provincetown, it was on the median of Rt. 6. and there were two others in front of houses. You would think that there would be signs all over P'town this Gay Paradise in support of their trans brothers and sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment