Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Fantasia Fair Day 2

This morning I skipped the Orientation Brunch…

I have been going to the fair for over ten years and there really isn’t anything new covered at the Brunch. Since it starts at 8:45 AM and I had my breakfast at 6:00 AM I am no longer hungry.

So what did I do this morning… fun stuff! Like go to the Wellfleet town hall to check on my taxes.

I went to the keynote talk which topic of the talk was moving to Provincetown, it was very interesting for me because I now have a place on the Cape about twelve miles down from P’town and most important was I got the name of a contractor.

In the evening I went to the dinner and dance at the Pilgrim House, the dinner consisted of a salad, noodles with beef Bourgogne, lemon chicken and garlic bread. For dessert there was carrot cake.

I left before the music started, I’m not a dancer and I don’t like loud music.

When I was leaving the wind was starting to pick-up and it was drizzling which was a harbinger of things to come. Overnight the wind was gusting to 40 mph and there were heavy downpours, I woke up at 1:30 AM to rain pounding on my windows with the wind howling.

Today I am having lunch at the Post Office and in the evening is the Pioneer Award banquet.

One thing that I have noticed in this Gay Paradise is that there are very, very few “Vote Yes on 3” lawn signs. I have noticed a number of “Vote Yes/No on 1” signs but there is a dearth “Vote Yes on 3.”

No comments:

Post a Comment