Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Fantasia Fair Day 3

Day 3 started off peacefully, I went to lunch at the Post Office and sat next to some fair goers that I hadn’t met before and we joined by another Nutmeger that comes once in a while to Connecticut Outreach Society (COS) a support group.

Lunch was meat loaf which was outstanding!

After lunch I wandered up Commercial St. window shopping until it was time to go the Tuesday keynote address by Aaron H. Devor, PhD, a trans man who is the chair of Transgender Studies at the University of Vancouver and started the transgender archives there.

His talk was excellent; he talked about his career, his transition, and the barriers he faced as a trans man. He went on to talk about how he started the Transgender Archives. The archive started with a donation of Rikki Swin and then there were donations Ari Kane, Virginia Prince, Reed Erickson and the Erickson Educational Foundation, and many other people who donated material to the collection.

I donate my trans material to my collection at Central Connecticut State University (CCSU) Elihu Burritt Library part of my collection there is the actual signed bill for the Birth Certificate law.

But then a stomach bug hit me. I don’t think it was something that I ate because other who ate there were affected. But anyhow I decided not to go to the Pioneer Award banquet to be on the safe side, Dr. Aaron H. Devor is the recipient of the award.

No comments:

Post a Comment