2015 Transgender Lives Conference: Intersection of Health and Law
Saturday April 25, 2015
The ninth annual Transgender Lives Conference: The Intersection of Health and Law will be held on Saturday, April 25 at the UConn Health Center from 8:00 AM until 5:00 pm. This daylong conference is geared towards allies, medical and legal professionals, service providers, members of the trans and gender non-conforming community, and anyone interested in learning about the transgender and gender non-conforming communities. The conference features local and regional speakers on topics of health and law, and how the two fields impact the lives of transgender individuals on a daily basis.
This year’s keynote speaker is Dallas Denny, a longtime trans advocate renowned for her work in advocacy, policy issues, and health practices involving transsexual and transgender people.
This year the conference is offering 21 workshops covering topics such as:
- The Treatment & Management of Pediatric Transgender Kids in a Family and Community Practice Setting
- No Longer Lost in The Shuffle: Being Disabled and Trans*
- Trans Employment - How to Legally Protect Yourself
- Trans Discrimination and the Fight for Housing Justice
- Trans Health: An Evidence-based Update
- Healthy While Trans: Demanding Excellence from our Healthcare System and Providers
- 08:00 - 08:30 AM : Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 08:30 - 09:15 AM : Welcoming Remarks and Introductions
- 09:15 - 12:00 AM : Morning Workshops (Sessions I & II)
- 12:00 - 01:00 PM : Lunch & Movie
- 01:00 - 03:30 PM : Afternoon Workshops (Sessions III & IV)
- 03:45 - 04:45 PM : Keynote
- 04:45 - 05:00 PM : Closing remarks and wrap up
Registration Fee: $25 for individuals Can't afford it? We will have scholarships available the day of the event.
Registration Fee: $50 for CEC. (The 2014 conference included five CEC approved for the Cultural Competence requirements for licensure renewal.)