Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving Is Over, Only The Clean-up Is Left

And there wasn’t really that much cleaning up left for me, everyone helped out cleaning up. There was a total of twelve family members there for dinner; my 90 year old aunt, my brother and wife, a nephew, a whole lot of cousins, their grown kids and their grandkids. Kids racing around, the dog curled up in the middle of the floor, the adults catching up on the latest gossip, food piled high on plates, rushing around cleaning up, hugs and good-byes and “What are we going to do for Christmas?”
I was glad I had everyone over for Thanksgiving; everyone brought a dish so I only had to cook the turkey. I had to do a lot of cleaning before hand, but now the house is clean and I will probability have a New Year’s party here now that house is cleaned. I was glad I did have ever over, I am so lucky to be blessed with such a great family.
Now, let’s see, turkey sandwich (turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce) for lunch today, turkey sandwich for lunch tomorrow, Sunday turkey dinner and Monday make turkey soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment