Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Season’s First Snow!

I was up at the cottage putting in the heat to the next addition this weekend and when I had to run down to the hardware store (10 miles into town) I went through a heavy snow squaw that covered everything white before it quickly melted away.
Winter is knocking at the door, the ponds had a thin covering of ice and wood smoke was in the air. As you looked out across the grey fields at the farm houses; many of the chimneys had a thin column of smoke rising up and drifting across the fields. The scene looked like something out of a Curries and Ives painting. I wish I had my camera, but alas it was back in the cottage.

1 comment:

  1. I would have loved to see that- snow is so beautiful. The only problem is that I don't like to be cold.

    Hope your week is off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete