Friday, November 10, 2006

Friday Five

From the Friday Five blog.


1) If you had to move 100 miles or more to the north, east, west, or south, which would you choose, where would you end up, and what's so great about there?
Definitely not east, I can’t tread water that long. If I have to move I would move 100 miles north to Maine to be near my brother and his wife.

2) Do you have a favorite stretch of highway or byway for driving, touring, or wandering?
The corner of Northwest Connecticut, Southwest Massachusetts and Duchess Country New York is my favorite driving area. When I use to go back to college in Rochester once I got pasted Winsted, I use to light up a joint, put in the “The Grateful Dead” “American Rose” tape and crank up the eight track.

3) Are you happier to start a trip or return home?
Both, I am happy once I get on the road, to finally be underway; but it is always nice once you start heading home.

4) Plane, train, automobile, bicycle, or foot?
Train or automobile. I hate planes and bicycle and foot are too much work. However; I do like to hike and try to get away and hike for at least two hours a week. In my college days I use to backpack and the longest hike I went on was 25 miles in two days carrying a 65 pound backpack.

5) Do you overplan or underplan your travels? (Assume that "no" is not a valid answer.)
I overplan, it is better to have too much clothes or plan on doing too many things than not having enough. It is easy to cut things out than add then to the itinerary.

No comments:

Post a Comment