Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Tuesday Twosome

Election Day (US)

1. Are you registered to vote? Explain why you are or are not registered to vote?
I am. Because I feel that it is your duty as a citizen to be a informed voter and also if you are going to complain about our government, then you better have voted.

2. Did you vote early (if your state offers this) or are you voting on election day?
I voted after work, snuck out a little early to beat the rush. If I can get to the polls I rather vote in person.

3. Do you truly believe your vote counts or are you not convinced that "every vote counts"?
If you mean physically counts, I do believe that my vote counts, there have been very little election problems in Connecticut. And if you mean, does it make a difference in the out come of an election, I also believe that it does. It is especially true in a tight election where a difference of a few vote can swing the election

4. Did you make up your mind about what candidates to vote for a while back or within the last two weeks?
I worked for the senatorial candidate since the primary (He lost in the election.). I try to keep up-to-date on how they have voted on issues, the Sunday paper prints a summary of the how our politicians voted for the week.

5. Compared to your parents’ views, are you voting the same as or different from them? Are you more liberal or conservative than them?
I am the product of the sixties! I am very liberal (I don’t think you could tell, could you?) and my parents were conservatives (My father was an ex-army officer and ex-high school principal).

No comments:

Post a Comment