Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Party’s Over!

Well Lamont, who I was working as a volunteer for since July, lost the election to Lieberman.
So what did I get out of volunteering?

• I got a sense of making a difference, that even though he didn’t win, there were more new voter registrations than ever before, they had more people register as Democrats then ever before and yesterday was one of the largest midterm election voter turn-out ever.
• I met a lot of new people, made new contacts and a lot of people met a transsexual for the first time.
• I learned that there are a lot nice people out there who will stop and talk to you, a stranger, on the phone about who and why they are voting for someone. And there are far fewer rude people out there than you would expect.
• I learned that I hate working in a phone bank, that I don’t like making political phone calls any more than I like receiving them.
• I learned that I don’t want to work for a campaign any more.

All in all it was a very good learning experience.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like it was quite an experience! Sorry that Lamont lost though.

    ReplyDelete