Friday, November 17, 2006

Doctor’s Appointment

I had my six month check-up with my Edo today and he had an intern there that did my preliminary work up. Well I was the first transperson that he met, he asked all the right questions about my history, took my blood pressure, listen to my heart, etc and then the doctor came in asked him questions about what he found out. That’s when it got interesting as he was telling the doctor his findings he kept on getting my pronouns mixed. He was trying so hard to be polite and I was trying so hard not to laugh that I felt sorry for him. We had a mini Trans 101 class as the doctor went over the medical treatment for someone with Gender Identity Disorder (GID) for close to an hour.

After I got out of the doctors office I went shopping for Thanksgiving and bought a 23 lbs. turkey, hopefully that will be enough for fourteen people.

No comments:

Post a Comment