Saturday, September 14, 2024

Saturday 9: Minute by Minute

Saturday 9: Minute by Minute (1979)
On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…


Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) It's easier to keep track of the minutes if your timepiece has a second hand. As you answer these questions, are you wearing a watch or can you see a clock that has a second hand?
Nope. I got out of the habit when my battery ran down and I didn’t replace it.

2) In this song, Michael McDonald admits he knows his girl has lied to him. Do you suspect any one of your friends/family has fibbed to you recently?

I hope not!

3) McDonald's big break came in 1973 when he joined Steely Dan's touring band. What do you consider your first professional success?
When I got my first job out of college.

4) In 1975 he joined The Doobie Brothers. He was originally supposed to be a temporary replacement for Tom Johnston, but he ended up working with the band uninterrupted for seven years. Tell us about something that's happened to you that turned out better than you anticipated.
Oh, I am lousy at these type of questions. It is not like I carry around a notepad… “Oh this turned out much better than I thought!”

5) In 1986 he guest starred on an episode of The Young and The Restless. Have you ever been hooked on a daytime drama?
Nope. Not even when I had pneumonia in the late 70s and I was home for 2 month and most of all not even in almost 20 years of retirement.
However (You all know my “Howevers” by now), back in mid-seventies where I worker one of the workers would disappear for a couple of days three or four times a month. I found out that he had a part in a daytime soap and when his character was on he was gone.
Also I know about three or four people who in 2006 were on All My Children in a couple of episodes.

6) Michael and wife Amy raised their family near Nashville, where they had their own pond and a garden they lovingly tended. Do you enjoy yard work?
HA! The question should be “Do you do yard work?” the answer would still be “Nope!”

7) In 1979, when "Minute by Minute" was popular, movie star John Wayne died. In 2004, the US Postal Service honored him with a stamp. What was in the last envelope you stamped and dropped in a mailbox?
BILLS, and more bills and even more bills!

8) In 1979, the most popular new car was the Oldsmobile Cutlass. Ads promised drivers the Cutlass could make it easy to get in and out of tight parking spots. Are you good at parallel parking?
True story!
I was going to an open panel discussion at Yale to listen to a couple of people the I know on panel.
So to set the stage, crowded New Haven streets, a bunch of college kids sitting on a wall in front of the lecture hall. The only open parking space in blocks and it is parallel parking!!!! My nemesis.
I pull up to the spot and slowly work my way in to the space. AND MADE IT, parallel to curb. It was messy but I made it! When I got out of the car all the student stood up and clapped and I curtsied.

9) Random question: Did you know your great-grandparents?
I think I did, we used to visit some old people when I was still crawling around on the rug. We used to go to a place called “Greenfield Hill” but I couldn’t understand why there were all houses and hills let alone green. I later learned that was where my grandmother family lived.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!


Update on the plumbing issue… the plumber found the leak. Those new fangled gadgets of plastic pipes and crimped connections, well there was a bad crimp that was dripping. But now trying to get the contractor to come in is the next challenge. I’m heading home for two weeks on Monday so I have to hope he’ll come in to take out the floor.

6 comments:

  1. #4 -- You're not bad at this kind of question. You really answered it with #8. That parking adventure turned out MUCH better than you thought it would -- and you remembered it clearly, even without checking your notepad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool that you know soap opera people. Loved the story about the parking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am surprised you did not want to see your friends acting in the Soap Opera. That is cool how you got applauded for your parking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did watch them. https://dianacorner.blogspot.com/2007/03/all-my-children.html

      Delete
  4. I'm envious of your parking prowess! And I hope the plumbing problem is completely resolved soon.

    ReplyDelete