Wednesday, April 03, 2024

Is This America?

Racism was always there but most of the time it was covert but now it is overt, they are no longer hiding the bigotry. They have been given a green light to bring out hatered.
Yahoo Sports
By Eden Laase
April 2, 2024


Following her team’s Elite Eight loss to Iowa, Angel Reese reflected on the difficulties she’s encountered since LSU won the title in 2023.

Reese led LSU to a national championship last season, and after that, she became a celebrity. Fame hasn’t been easy.

“I've been through so much,” she said after LSU's season-ending 94-87 loss to Iowa on Monday. “I've seen so much. I've been attacked so many times, death threats, I've been sexualized, I've been threatened, I've been so many things, and I've stood strong every single time.”

Reese also expressed her desire to stay strong for her teammates and not let them see her down. But she said sometimes it gets to be too much.

“All this has happened since I won the national championship,” Reese said. “And it sucks, but I still wouldn't change anything, and I would still sit here and say I'm unapologetically me. I'm going to always leave that mark and be who I am and stand on that.”
At the high point of her career these AH tear her down, they have been emboldened by politicians to crawl out of the swamp.



Trump gets called out on his bigotry…
USA Today
By Phillip M. Bailey
March 31, 2024


Republican Donald Trump has been open about deliberately using inflammatory words to attract attention in the 2024 presidential race.

If you don't use certain language "that maybe are not very nice words, nothing will happen," the former president said in a March interview with Fox News host Howard Kurtz.

Trump employed that signature tactic during his infamous June 2015 announcement speech when he described some Mexican immigrants as criminals and rapists, which he later admitted was planned.

It is a style that excites his conservative base as a leader who rejects the supposed political correctness imposed by liberal Democrats. But it is something that alarms detractors and frightens experts who described it as an authoritarian-leaning campaign, especially in the aftermath of the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol led by Trump supporters.

"Wake up people. This is an emergency. This is what authoritarian thugs and terrorists do," Ruth Ben-Ghiat, a history professor at New York University and author of "Strongmen: Mussolini to the Present," wrote in a March 29 post on X.
This is a low point in our history, the question is what are we going to do to go forward?

No comments:

Post a Comment