Saturday, April 06, 2024

Saturday 9: Diamond Girl

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
 

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This week's song is by Seals and Crofts, a pair of Texas boys who met when they both joined a local band called The Crew Cats. Have you ever visited The Lone Star State? If yes, where did you go?
No, and I never will go to Texas, they don’t like me there.

2) Lead singer Jim Seals compliments his girl by comparing her to a precious stone. What's the nicest compliment you have ever received? Who was it from?
They said that they thought I was much younger than I am and oh, I got carded at a restaurant a couple of months back. What do you think that was about carded a 75 year old?

3) Diamonds are birthstone for people born in April. What's your birthstone? Do you wear it often?
I have no idea what it is and since I don’t wear jewelry no.

4) In ancient times, Hindus believed diamonds brought good luck. Do you have a good luck charm?
Nope.

5) On the other hand, some believe that one of the world's most famous gems, The Hope Diamond, is cursed. 14 of its owners have died from unnatural causes. Those who possessed the diamond committed suicide, were murdered, tortured to death in prison, and even torn apart by dogs! If you received a beautiful piece of jewelry that was rumored to be cursed, would you be concerned? Or do you think curses are silly?
It is silly.

6) Rare diamonds share an element with the common pencil. Both contain graphite. Sam is crazy about pencils, pens and felt-tip markers. Do you enjoy shopping for office supplies?
I wouldn’t say enjoy, it is a necessary that has to be done.

7) In 1973, the year this record was popular, Shelley Hack was a hard-working and well-paid model. She regularly appeared on the pages of catalogs, on magazine covers and then launched Revlon's popular Charlie cologne in print and on TV. What commercial have you seen recently? Did you watch it on TV, online or on your phone?
One that I really dislike, the one about becoming your parents. I don’t know about you but I don’t see anything wrong with becoming my parents, they were very good parents and taught me to care for others.

8) Also in 1973, Motown great Stevie Wonder was in a car accident that left him with a scar on his nose. Tell us about how you got one of your scars.
I got it sword fighting!
With my brother with curtain rods and he got me above my right eye… boy did my mother get mad at us.

9) Random question: What's your perfect day -- weatherwise?
High in the mid-seventies, low humidity, and a light breeze! Oh and partly cloudy.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!



"I've been cheated, Been mistreated!"

All around me people felt the earthquake, not me.
All my life I wanted to feel an earthquake, but nope not one shake, not one rattle. A friend on the other side of town wrote that she felt it! Me nothing!

 'I feel so left out' As one headline said about those who didn’t feel the earthquake.

Googling it, I found,
The shaking from an earthquake can be amplified in areas with soft soil conditions, like near landfills, compared to areas with more solid rock formations. So people in different parts of the same town may have very different experiences.
My house is sitting on a ledge. My house is on the little rise because there is a basalt ledge the front of my house sits on.

4 comments:

  1. #6: I feel that way about light bulbs and toilet paper.
    We had an earthquake here in Chicagoland in the late 1980s. I ignored it at the time because our landlord had told us there was going to tuckpointing on the building and I figured that's what the noise and shaking was. Afterward, when I found out I'd lived through an earthquake, I felt a little a cheated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are safe after the earthquake.
    Your perfect day is about the same as mine. I wish we had more days like that. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never felt an earthquake, either, and it's something I would like to experience. Of course, I've also wanted to be in the eye of a hurricane and in a tornado at various points in my life, so maybe there's something wrong with me! Your perfect day sounds like mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #7 totally agree.

    I felt the earthquake here on Long Island. But the last one, in 2011, I missed it because I was out of town.

    ReplyDelete