Saturday, August 01, 2009

I Have Been A Little Preoccupied Lately

I have three projects that I am working on right now that are keeping me busy. The first project is a lecture that I have been invited to give at a local university this fall. It is “a weekly academic lecture series with guest scholars from various disciplines examining a range of topics related to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer studies.” The title of my talk is “Transgender Activists: From World War II until the Present.” So I have been doing research (Amazon.com loves me now), writing notes and creating a reading list for the lecture. In addition, I have been making the Power Point presentation; I figured I need about 20 - 30 slides for a 90 minute talk.

The other project is an internship for a survey of the transgender population in the greater Hartford area and for two hours the last three mornings, I have been taking a required test so that I can be a researcher on the project (I passed).

Lastly, I have been working on a Power Point presentation that I am going to be giving at school on working with a transgender client. This one is on the back burner since I am not going to present it until November.

Other then that I’m not doing anything this summer, just relaxing and going up to the cottage.

No comments:

Post a Comment