Friday, August 07, 2009

A Day At The Beach

My sister-in-law was right, she said to get to the beach by 9:30AM or else the parking lot will be filled up. I got there a little after 10 and I had to walk about a ¼ mile to the beach down a country lane lined with horse farms. The beach is Parson’s Beach in Kennebunk ME and is a private beach that is open to the public.
However, one I got there the beach was mostly deserted and I pitched my umbrella and sat in the shade and read. The tide was coming in when I got there and was just about high when I left there at 1:30. I went in up to my thighs one and the water was like ice (looked up the water temperature when I got back to the condo and it is 59 deg.). As you can see from the pictures that didn’t stop some people from going in swimming. By the time I left the beach was crowded.
For supper I am going over to Cape Porpoise to a seafood restaurant right on the pier.

View down the beach towards WellsLooking out from under the umbrella.

1 comment: