Saturday, May 11, 2024

Saturday 9: (God Must Have Spent) A Little More Time on You

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
 

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Saturday 9: (God Must Have Spent) A Little More Time on You (1998)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, a boy celebrates the life of love he's received from his mother, saying it's more precious than any diamond or pearl. Do you have a piece of jewelry that means a great deal to you?
Yes, my mother pendant. It is bronze but I like it and I get complements on it all the time.

2) NSYNC licensed their name and likenesses for use on a variety of products, and their official key ring was a big seller. Tell us about your key ring.

Well I used to have all my car key, keys from work, key from the cottage, and keys to my home but it was wearing holes through my pocketbook lining. So now it only has my car key and house key on it… just two keys. In
Towardmy car I have all the other keys.

3) NSYNC's lead singer, Justin Timberlake, is now a parent himself with two sons. He enjoys sitting on the floor so they can play Legos together. Today Lego sets for adults and adult coloring books are popular. As a grown up, do you enjoy coloring books or Legos?

Um, I don’t know how to put this to you but… I still do. I was at the senior center and they have coloring book for adults! And with my grandniece I enjoy playing with Legos.

4) In 1998, when this song was popular, Seinfeld ended its 9-season run. Were you a fan? 
In the end I started to watch it and to this day I try to have a “Perfect Pump” (That is when you are pumping gas you stop at an even dollar.).

5) This week's song was chosen in honor of Mother's Day. Some mothers will find themselves treated to breakfast in bed this weekend. Is that a luxury you would appreciate, or would you worry about spilling food on the sheets?
The later, I don’t eat in bed. After the first time you spill your orange juice in bed and that night you have to sleep on a damp bed you realize that eating in bed is not a good thing.

6) Garrett's Popcorn offers a special tin for Mother's Day (the "O" in MOM is a daisy). When did you most recently have popcorn?
Oh man! I have no idea. Maybe 15 or 20 years ago.
Hmm… I still have a bag of microwave popcorn from way back then. I wonder if it will still pop?

7) Florists see a spike in sales for Mother's Day, too. Would you rather receive a plant or a bouquet of flowers?
Well since I don’t have a green thumb it doesn’t matter because they will both be dead shortly.

8) Crazy Sam's own mother is big on couponing, while Sam thinks coupons simply aren't worth the effort. Are you more like mother or daughter?
I don’t use coupons.
Why?
Because most of the offers are two-for-one. If it is something that doesn’t go bad then I might buy two and try to put the other one where I will find it. Like the microwave popcorn I found them a couple of weeks ago when I was digging through one of my cupboards (Looking for some instant gravy packages, which were also buried.) and there we two of them packages there buried in back.
 
Pet Peeve: Fast food places that offer "2 for 1" when you are single you don't need two Big Macs or two Whoppers why don't they just offer the meal for half price?

9) Sam is celebrating Mother's Day with her mother's favorite, Hershey Bars. Would you prefer classic milk chocolate, dark chocolate or chocolate with almonds?
Well you know sometimes I feel like a nut and sometimes I don’t, I don’t really have any preference, I like them both.

6 comments:

  1. I wasn't aware of Legos for adults until I started working at the card shop last fall. People come in and ask for them. I recently learned there's a Lego hotel. No child would have the patience to take this on. It has more than 3000 pieces, it includes a penthouse with a skylight, and costs $300!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea of offering a meal for half price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (That was my comment, BTW)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish they would offer meals like that, too, and I hate the "buy 2 (or 4)" coupons as well. There are seldom coupons for anything I actually use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At my nephew's wedding, the bridal bouquet was Lego flowers. It was perfect for them!

    ReplyDelete