Sunday, December 31, 2023

A Year In Review.

Nope… I am not going to do that this year it has been too negative and I think we all know that. We have become a political pawn in an election that has seen no other like it. Where Republican state after state have passed horrible anti-trans laws and gone after us like the Lavender Scare in the 1950s.

Around the world fascist leader are getting elected in part by demonizing us, the LGBTQ+ peoples

There were a couple of bright spots like defeating anti-trans athlete bills here in Connecticut.

The old curse and blessing holds true today… “May you live in interesting times.”


Gazing into my crystal ball: I see more of the same this year. Insurrectionists denials. The elections were rigged. That the Republicans are being persecuted by the Democrats. The usual garbage that the Republicans spew.

I see these 14th Amendment cases going to the Supreme Court and I see the court upholding the election bans against Trump. I also surprisingly see the many anti-trans healthcare laws and anti-trans athlete laws being ruled in our favor. Maybe it is wishful thinking but I foresee the courts voting 5-4 in our favor.

I see here in Connecticut a bill to ban the banning of books, preventing books being banned because that are about protected classes. Such as because of marital status, race, religion, sexual orientation, and gender identity.

I think that the Doomsday Clock will move closer to Midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment