Thursday, May 18, 2023

That Sound You Hear?

PHOTO: YU TSAI/SPORTS ILLUSTRATED
Is the steam coming out of the conservatives ears… they are hopping mad! First their beer and now Sports Illustrated.
The pop star also announced that her first major label album, Feed the Beast, will drop on June 23
People
By Jeff Nelson  
May 15, 2023


Kim Petras is in her cover girl era.

The "Heart to Break" singer, 30, is one of four stars to grace the cover of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit in 2023, the outlet announced Monday.

Petras is only the second transgender woman to cover the magazine in its history.

"It's super exciting to have my Sports Illustrated cover and album announcement happening at the same time! Yu Tsai and the whole team at Sports Illustrated made me feel really comfortable and like I belonged there. I had the best time and, honestly, it was a huge confidence boost," Petras tells PEOPLE exclusively.

In addition to Petras, Megan Fox, Martha Stewart and Brooks Nader modeled for this year's buzzy issue.
Yikes! What is a right-wing conservative to do? They probably got the hots for her on the cover and then they find out that she is trans… they probably all took a cold shower.

The Hill wrote,
“It’s definitely a scary time to be transgender in America, but there’s also so much more representation than there’s ever been, and there’s so many things on the bright side,” Petras told the magazine. “I do feel a pressure sometimes to represent the trans community with everything I do, because I feel very blessed that I am at this point where I have all these amazing opportunities that I’ve worked really hard for, and feel so happy when I hear from trans people in general that they’re inspired by me.” 
Crack, sizzle, pop as Republicans do a slow burn.
Petras made her debut on the cover of the SI Swimsuit Edition
Fox News
By Ryan Gaydos
May 16, 2023


Sports Illustrated came under fire on Monday for using Kim Petras, a transgender female pop star, as one of its cover models for the Swimsuit Edition.

[…]

However, not everyone was pleased with SI deciding to use Petras as one of its models.
I think that was saying it mildly.

Crack, sizzle, pop… Ssssss. Feel the burn!

No comments:

Post a Comment