Saturday, May 13, 2023

Mama Said

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This week's song is about a girl who remembers wise advice she received from her mother. Tell us about someone who advised you years ago and to this day you think, "They were right!"
Jerimarie said that I should get me MSW.

2) She sings about hearing chapel bells. Can you hear church bells ringing from your home?
Nope. I haven’t church bells in ages.

3) This week's featured artists are the Shirelles, a group formed in New Jersey in 1957. They are credited for beginning the girl group genre. Name another popular girl group.



4) In 1961, when this song was popular, Jacqueline Kennedy appeared on the cover of Ladies Home Journal three times. Is there a printed magazine in your home right now? If so, who is on the cover?
Yes but… they are the AAA, AARP, RIT Alumni, and UConn Alumni

5) This song was chosen in celebration of Mother's Day. More phone calls are made on Mother's Day than any other day of the year. Who was your last phone call from?
A friend who is now living outside of Philadelphia.

6) Salons see a bump in appointments around Mother's Day every year. Partly because moms want to look good for their day, but also because hair, spa and nail services are a popular Mother's Day gift. When did you most recently go to a salon, and was it for your hair, complexion, or nails?
Um… maybe twenty years ago? I just shave it all off and wear a wig.

7) Similarly, restaurants experience a spike in reservations on Mother's Day. Where did you last dine out? Was a reservation required?
A group of us have been going out to eat dinner once a month and a bunch of seniors we go out to lunch every once in a while.
 
8) The most popular Mother's Day gift is still the greeting card. Where do you card shop: drugstore, bookstore, card shop, etc.?
At a drugstore or grocery store. I have to send a card to my cousin, she just lost her husband and I am procrastinating because I don’t know what to write.

9) Sam is celebrating Mother's Day with her mother's favorite, Hershey Bars. Would you prefer classic milk chocolate, dark chocolate or chocolate with almonds?
None of those, if I want to eat chocolate I go for truffles. Cherry chocolate truffles is my favorite.
 

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Diane Keaton is on the cover of the current AARP magazine. It's in my living room right now. Do you ever wear sandals? When my toenails are peeking out, I like them to be painted and the salon is a great place for a pedi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't wear sandals that much, I need arch support. But I do my own toe nails.

      Delete
  2. If you knew him well, just write something funny or sweet that you remember about him. She will appreciate it. Other than that just "I'm thinking of you" will work as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry for your loss. Bev's suggestion is perfect. I think it's great you get out to eat once a month with friends. We need more one-on-one interactions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truffles are always welcome here, and See's ... those are for celebrations but at our ages I think they can come on the door for any holiday .. There's a shed load of holidays, too. Today is "Frog Jumping Day" Turtles would be appropriate chocolate treats for this day. Though of of course, they are not amphibians. ;)

    ReplyDelete