Saturday, May 20, 2023

Saturday 9: Mirrors


On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Is there a mirror in the room you're in now?
Yes. It is a round mirror that looks like a ship’s pothole.
 
2) In this song, Justin Timberlake tells his lover he just can't wait till they're together. What are you eagerly looking forward to today?
Well it is not eagerly, but today I am driving home in the rain. A four hour drive.

3) Justin Timberlake is known as a sharp dresser who is always on trend. What item have you recently added to your wardrobe?
A sweater. Just your plain button down white sweater.

4) Justin was an accomplished child performer who appeared on the entertainment competition show Star Search when he was just 11. When Crazy Sam was 11, her only job was loading and unloading the dishwasher, for which she received an allowance from her dad. Did you have chores when you were a kid?
Yes, and I hated them. They kept me from being with my teenage friends.

5) He says he tries never to miss breakfast, even on the road, and his favorite is peanut butter banana pancakes. Given the choice, do you prefer pancakes, French toast, or waffles?
Yes to all.
Oh wait! I have to pick one.
Well pancakes and waffles are basically pancakes with dimples. So I will go with French toast and I make it with cinnamon raisin bread. A couple of weeks ago I tried using a waffle maker on French toast.

6) When they were still in their teens, Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears were sweethearts. Obviously it's been easy for him to keep up with her successes and problems over the years. Do you wonder what one of your exes is up to?
Yes. I know where a couple ended up, one os out in San Francisco working at a pharmaceutical company.

7) In 2013, when this song was popular, Pope Benedict resigned. Thinking of your working life, have you felt greater stress on your first day at a job, or your last?
Well it surely wasn’t my last day at work, I was skipping out of the company waving my pink slip.

8) Also in 2013, the NHL owners reached an agreement with the players union and avoided a strike. Have you ever belonged to a union?
No, I was salaried.

9) Random question: When was one of the first times when you felt like an adult?
HA! You think I can remember 60 years ago? How about the most recently? Probably a couple of months ago at a meeting. I could have stuck the knife in and twisted it, someone F**ked up royally and they knew it and I figured not to bring up the point. I just gave the person “a look” that said “really.”

***
I'm driving back home to Connecticut from Cape Cod... in the rain.

So I don't know when I'll be able to reply to your blogs. 

4 comments:

  1. Cinnamon french toast would taste and smell divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mirrors sound interesting.
    I guess being an adult you learn not to do the same flub twice in a roll.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drive safe! I have never been much of a French toast person.

    ReplyDelete