Friday, June 16, 2023

Wednesday Night – A Trip Down Memory Lane.

The other day I attended a retirement party for a friend, she retired as executive director from the Hartford Gay and Lesbian Health Collective. I have know her for over twenty years!

It kind of was amazing there were so many old friends there, those I haven’t seen in decades! From the first person I came out to when I asked about a support group to new friends. It was a mixture of gays, lesbians, trans, straight, young and old. Politicians stopped by there including the mayor of Hartford.

When I transitioned I lost all my old acquaintances, oh they said they were supportive but they faded away never to be seen again. Now I was surrounded by new friends.

It was nice to get caught up on what has happening to them now. Some have passed away, some have build a family, some are still plugging at their jobs, some with medical problems, some have retired, some who I don't like, in other words life.

But I had to leave early because my back was acting up again from standing so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment