On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Tina Turner sings that she can think of no better place to be than her lover's arms. Since we're entering summer vacation season, let's switch it to: What's the best place you've ever traveled to?
It was to Colorado, Rocky Mountain National Park when we backpacked in 1974.
2) Songwriters Holly Knight and Desmond Child originally offered this song to English pop singer Paul Young. He declined it. Can you think of a time when you said "no" when "yes" might have been a better answer?
When we sold the New Hampshire lake cottage. I should have bought out my brother’s half.
3) Tina Turner was born in Nutbush, TN. In 1973 she recorded a song about it called "Nutbush City Limits." Is there a song about your hometown?
4) It was at Nutbush's Spring Hill Baptist Church that very young Tina began singing with the choir. She credited those early performances with giving her confidence in front of a crowd. Are you comfortable with public speaking?
I spoke at the Women’s March on Hartford.
I have been on every local Sunday morning talk shows.
I have been on press conference with state officials and our U.S. senator.
|At a press conference for student bullying.|
I have given dozens of dozens training.
5) When she was a teen, her mom relocated the family to St. Louis. It was here that Tina played on the high school basketball team. Can you make a free throw?
Of course. But the real question is will it be a basket?
6) Tina met her second husband, Erwin Bach, at the airport. A record exec, Erwin went to Heathrow to meet her flight and help her prepare for her London appearances. The last time you were at the airport, were you a traveler or were you meeting or dropping someone off?
Whoa! We are talking decades, the last plane ride was on a private jet! Top That!
7) In 1991, the year this record was released, Queen lead singer Freddie Mercury died. What's your favorite Queen song?
No easy questions today… there are so many to pick from but my choice Bohemian Rhapsody.
One time I was at a traffic light when Bohemian Rhapsody came on the radio and the part where…
Easy come, easy go, will you let me goBismillah! No, we will not let you go(Let him go!) Bismillah! We will not let you go(Let him go!) Bismillah! We will not let you go(Let me go) Will not let you go(Let me go)(Never) Never let you go(Let me go) (Never) let you go (Let me go) AhNo, no, no, no, no, no, noOh mama mia, mama mia, mama mia, let me goBeelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me,For meee
I was singing the two parts at a traffic light when a cop pulled up next to me, he looked at me singing with a “look” and I put down my window. He heard what I was singing and started laughing… then the light turned green.
8) Also in 1991, Disney's Beauty and the Beast became the first animated movie to be nominated for a Best Picture Oscar. What's your favorite Disney movie?
9) Random question: What's your perfect day, weatherwise?
Sunny, 75, no humidity, a slight breeze. or other words like today.
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!