On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
1) This week, Darius Rucker sings about hitching a ride to reach his lady love. Have you ever thumbed a ride?
Yes, just once. I didn’t have a bad experience but it was uncomfortable, my car broke down and a stranger gave me ride home (I was just a couple of miles from home.).
2) Along the way, he loses his money in a poker game. Successful poker players are good at bluffing, or misleading others about about their cards. Are you good at bluffing, whether at cards or in life?
3) Darius began has career as the lead singer of 90s soft-rock band Hootie and the Blowfish. Today he's a country singer. Let's say you're stuck in traffic and only one radio station comes in clearly. Would you prefer it play soft rock or country?
Soft rock, I’m not fond of country western.
4) Darius Rucker will be on tour throughout 2023, playing dates all over the country and making a couple stops in Cancun. Have you ever visited Mexico? If so, where did you go?
Nope and never will.
5) Darius has lent his talents to fundraising for The First Tee, a non-profit that teaches children "life lessons, self-confidence, and resilience through golf." Did you participate in organized sports as a youngster? If yes, what did you play?
Nope never have and never will.
6) A big sports fan, he has six TVs in his home so he can watch several games at once. His largest set is 70". When it comes to TV screens, do you believe bigger is better? Or are you just as comfortable watching from your laptop or phone?
Yes. It all depends on where I am watching TV. In the kitchen I have a small one, in the bedroom a larger screen while in the basement TV room I have a LED projector where I had friends over to watch the Superbowl game the first time since the plague began.
7) In 2013, when "Wagon Wheel" was popular, fans were flocking to the movie theater to see Catching Fire, the second in the Hunger Games series. Are you a Hunger Games fan?
I saw it a couple of times and I didn’t like it, I’m not into dystopia science fiction.
8) Also in 2013, the word "selfie" was added to the Oxford Dictionary. Do you take a lot of selfies?
Zero. I;m in a lot of selfies but I don’t take them.
9) Random question: If we paid you $5,000, would you get Saturday 9 tattooed on your right forearm?
Nope. A tat is for life! Now if you pay me $5,000 a year I might, just might consider it.
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!