Saturday, March 11, 2023

Saturday 9: Pass Me By

Sam's Saturday 9: Pass Me By (1965)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…


Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Peggy Lee tells us she wiggles her toes in the sand. Have you been to the beach yet in 2023? Do you expect to wiggle your toes in the sand when you're on vacation this year?

Since I have a cottage on Cape Cod and I have a town beach pass… yes, I will be wiggling my toes in the sand,

2) She also sings that contemplating nature can be fascinating. What flora and fauna can you see from your window as you answer these questions?

Well it is winter so there are no leaves on the trees, except for the evergreen and that I have a wetland behind my house so there is all types flora and fauna including skunk cabbage, which by the way are starting to pop up. And all the birds are still on their winter vacation... no robins yet.

3) With this song, she's telling everyone to take her as she is or leave her be. Does that reflect your attitude? Or are you a "people pleaser" who worries what others think of you?

Most definitely!

4) These lyrics were written by Carolyn Leigh. She began her career as an advertising copywriter but, since she showed a flair for poetry and rhymes, she was urged by a music publisher to write lyrics. Have you ever tried your hand at poetry?

Yes. You can read them here.

5) This song was composed for the 1964 movie Father Goose, starring Cary Grant. Are you a fan? Do you just vaguely know the name? Or are you wondering what a Cary Grant is?

“Sometimes angels rush in where fools fear to tread.” The Bishop Wife

6) This was a top-20 hit for Peggy Lee. As a girl in North Dakota during the 1930s, Peggy lived above the train station where her father was depot agent. Today that depot is home to a museum which features a Peggy Lee Exhibit. Have you recently visited a museum?

Not since the plague. But I usually get library passes for them and I want to start up going again.

7) Designer Bonnie Erickson was also grew up in North Dakota and used her girlhood idol as the inspiration for her most famous creation: Miss Piggy. A diva with flowing blonde hair and jewelry, the puppet was originally called Miss Piggy Lee. As the character gained in fame with The Muppets, the name was shortened to Miss Piggy because Bonnie didn't want to offend Peggy Lee, whom she genuinely admired. Tell us something you have done recently to spare someone's feelings.

I don’t keep notes on good deeds.

8) While Peggy Lee often changed her hairstyle with the times, she was always a blonde. She considered those lustrous locks her trademark. Are you having a good hair day today?

I don’t have hair. 

9) Random question: What's the perfect way to spend a lazy afternoon?

Well today it is suppose to snow and I will curl up in front of the woodstove and read.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

6 comments:

  1. #7: Interesting answer! You might have given the wisest response to that question we'll see this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be absolutely lovely to be able to escape to the cottage and the beach whenever you want. Your day by the woodstove also sounds pretty sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a good read. And thank you for your blog; every Saturday I go back and read your other posts. I am horrified at the things I see happening around me and I appreciate your efforts to call attention to it. I agree, we are all equal. If not, then we may as well be king and serf. This is not the USA I was felt "promised" when I was younger. I don't even recognize this place anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you ever publish photos from your cabin?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s always good to curl up with a book on a cold day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I curl up with a heating pad but a working fire place would be nice. Ours is toast.
    I've read all your posts and, like CountryDew, it's appalling the civil rights situation. I have people I worry about, too. It's totally rotten the way the ultra whatever's have taken over...

    ReplyDelete