Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Another One Bites The Dust.

Another state passed a “bathroom bill,”

Idaho governor signs transgender bathroom bill
The Hill
By Brooke Migdon
March 24, 2023


Idaho Gov. Brad Little, a Republican, this week signed legislation barring transgender students from using school facilities consistent with their gender identity, making the state the third this year — and this week — to enact such a law.

Little quietly signed Idaho’s Senate Bill 1100 Thursday without comment. The measure, first introduced in mid-February, sailed through the state’s GOP-controlled legislature, passing each chamber with an overwhelming majority.

The new law, effective July 1, prevents transgender public school students from using multiperson restrooms or locker rooms that match their gender identity. The law’s restrictions do not extend to single-occupancy facilities.

It also prohibits them from sleeping in the same room as their peers or sharing a bathroom or changing area during overnight field trips authorized by the school.

Okay think about this.

Suppose you are unable to tell a trans girl from the other girls, will she get challenged going to the bathroom?

Suppose you can tell a trans girl from the other girls, will she get challenged going to the bathroom?

Suppose a cis-gender girl from the other girls looks masculine, will she get challenged going to the bathroom?

This bill will be a disaster! Can you imagine being that girl? Always having your gender question all because some old white men are afraid that they might unknowingly have the hots for a trans woman.

“These bills will not accomplish anything other than to further alienate and stigmatize those already on the margins of life in this state,” she said.


The madness continues...

The Republicans are in a feeding frenzy!

Anything remotely connected with LGBTQ+ they are going after… the latest!

Miley Cyrus and Dolly Parton's 'acceptance' song banned from school for being 'too controversial'
VT
By Asiya Ali
March 27, 2023


A Miley Cyrus and Dolly Parton song collaboration was believed to be "too controversial" to be performed by students at a school.

First-grade students at Heyer Elementary in Waukesha, Wisconsin were set to sing 'Rainbowland' - a 2017 duet between Cyrus and Parton from the former's 2017 album Younger Now - before administrators for the school district banned the song ahead of the spring concert, per The New York Post.

On the setlist of the concert was Louis Armstrong's 'What a Wonderful World', 'Rainbow Connection' by Kermit the Frog from The Muppet Movie, and Dolly Parton's duet with Miley Cyrus. However, both 'Rainbowland' and 'Rainbow Connection' was barred from the song selection after the board of education deemed the lyrics to be contentious.

A dual language teacher at the school named Melissa Tempel took to her social media page to express frustration over the board for banning the song which preaches acceptance.

"My first graders were so excited to sing 'Rainbowland' for our spring concert, but it has been vetoed by our administration. When will it end?" Tempel wrote on Twitter.

So what set off the old biddies?

The lyrics…

Rainbowland Lyrics

"Hey Miley
It's me, I'm in Nashville
I'm on my way to Dollywood, busy as you are
Can't get enough stuff to do, can't
But anyway, I'm excited about singing with you
So I'm just gonna turn my, CD player on with you singing
I'm gon' put this on a cassette
Sing along with it, and then I'll run you off a CD later
Oh, I'm so high tech
I got a flip phone, too
But anyhow, see what you think
And um, here I go"
Come on
Living in a Rainbowland
Where everything goes as planned
And I smile
'Cause I know if we try, we could really make a difference in this world
I won't give up, I'll sleep a wink
It's the only thought I think, you know where I stand
I believe we can start living in a Rainbowland
Living in a Rainbowland
Where you and I go hand in hand
Oh, I'd be lying if I said this was fine
All the hurt and the hate going on here
We are rainbows, me and you
Every color, every hue
Let's shine on through
Together, we can start living in a Rainbowland
Living in a Rainbowland
The skies are blue and things are grand
Wouldn't it be nice to live in paradise
Where we're free to be exactly who we are
Let's all dig down deep inside
Brush the judgment and fear aside
Make wrong things right
And end the fight
'Cause I promise ain't nobody gonna win (come on)
Living in a Rainbowland
Where you and I go hand in hand
Oh, I'd be lying if I said this was fine
All the hurt and the hate going on here
We are rainbows, me and you
Every color, every hue
Let's shine on through
Together, we can start living in a Rainbowland
Living in a Rainbowland
Where you and I go hand in hand together (let's do it together)
Chase dreams forever
I know there's gonna be a greener land
We are rainbows, me and you
Every color, every hue
Let's shine on
Together, we can start living in a Rainbowland
"Hey Miley
Look, I know it sounds scrambled when I'm singing it with you
Wish I could do a little better
At least, I might not get it all the way through
'Cause I'm not sure of the structure without you
But I think this could work well, don't you?
If not, like I said
I'll write that love song for you
You probably wrote it about some boy you loved, didn't ya?
Well"

When will this craziness end?

No comments:

Post a Comment