Saturday, December 31, 2022

Sam’s Saturday 9: The Last Song

Saturday 9: The Last Song (1972)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

This is the last Saturday 9 song of 2022.
Thanks for another great year.

1) In this song, the lead singer admits he leaves the light on when he goes to sleep. Do you leave any lights on in your bedroom? Or do you prefer it completely dark?

I prefer as dark as a new moon but unfortunately all the digital stuff glows and it more like a full moon.

2) He sings that he can't stop wondering where his old girlfriend is. Do you know whatever happened to any of your exes?

A few, the ones from my high school that I dated I know their families and I’m friends with one on Facebook.

3) He says this is the last song he'll ever sing to his girl. What's the last song you sang? Where were you when you sang it?

Ha! it was so long ago that I have no idea.

4) Edward Bear was a Canadian group who took their name from Winnie the Pooh. As written by A. A. Milne, Edward Bear was Pooh's "proper" name. Pooh's favorite food was honey. Is there a food you can't get enough of?

Well. Any long time reader of Saturday 9 knows that answer… Lobster! 

5) In 1972, when this song was popular, Disney's Winnie the Pooh was quite a celebrity in his own right, appearing on the cover the 1972 Sears Christmas Wish Book. That year, kids asked Santa for plush Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore. Did you have many plush toys as a child? If yes, do you still have any of them?

A teddy bear. This is another “Ha!” that would have been from 70 years ago! I remember that I did an autopsy on him to get the squeak box out of him.

6) Enough about 1972! Let's look back on 2022. What's something you learned or rediscovered in 2022?

Good question! I don’t know, I learned a lot of new things everyday. I read science articles all the time. The latest is… "Quantum experiments with entangled photons win the 2022 Nobel Prize in physics".

Or how about this,


7) Can you think of a moment in 2022 you'd like to do over?

Not really maybe some more sunsets to photograph.

8) What are you looking forward to most in 2023?

Making it to 2024!

9) Random question: Who received the last email you sent?

To my brother, chastising him for not drinking enough water.


Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

9 comments:

  1. More sunsets to photograph. How beautiful. My co-worker and I used to photograph the sunset every night during February. Just something fun to get us through the winter. Loved your answers! Have a very Happy New Year! ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have some lobster for the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. During the week sometime I'll make Lobster Newberg, tonight it is going to Diablo Shrimp.

      Delete
  3. I think we could all use more sunsets to photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to know who counted those 48,000+ dots!

    I've always wanted to like lobster. It's OK, but I'm a big fan of Dungeness crab and in my taste lobster can't compare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That meme of the night sky sure puts it all in perspective, doesn't it? It's mind boggling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year, Diana! The Universe is absolutely endless and fabulous, and gets even more so the further we can see into it. I wish the jerks who want to own the earth could stop and marvel at it, as the rest of us do. Keep looking Up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lobster is one of my favorites, but I don't eat it often. I would like to go somewhere I can see the night sky without the city lights. I have seen the Northern Lights while in Alaska and it was beautiful! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete