Who did I vote for in the primary? Jillian Gilchrist. Unfortunately, she received only 2,250 votes district-wide. Our paths actually crossed during the four years it took me to get my MSW. I interned at the Connecticut Women’s Education and Legal Fund in the Hartford YWCA building, and her NARAL office was just down the hall from mine. Based on her time as a state representative, I really liked her voting record (and yes, folks, I actually looked up their records).
I couldn’t find any voting information on Bronin because, as it turns out, he has never voted on a bill. Since he was a mayor, voting on legislation wasn't part of his job. Instead, I had to judge him on what he did for Hartford—like bringing the city out of debt through a deal with the state.
I agree that it was time for Larson to go, but like many politicians, he didn't see the handwriting on the wall. I would have much rather seen Larson announce his retirement instead of losing an election. Bronin is definitely not my first choice, but I will still vote for him this November.
No comments:
Post a Comment