Tuesday, August 11, 2026

What Gets Me...

I am a little handicapped this morning... I am up at the cottage and guess what I forgot to bring... my mouse! So with the touch pad and the touch screen, I'm getting by.

[Editorial]

What I want to know is why Homeland Security Investigations was watching a U.S. Congresswoman?


Democratic U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar says a Homeland Security Investigations agent was outside her monthly town hall meeting in Richfield, Minnesota, on Thursday.

Omar posted a letter she sent to Michael McCarthy, interim special agent in charge of HSI's office in St. Paul, Minnesota, regarding the incident on social media Monday afternoon. The document said a Richfield police officer noticed a young woman sitting in a Ford Explorer as people arrived at an area community center, where the meeting took place, and "became suspicious of the way she was monitoring the building."
What were they investigating a sitting member of Congress for? I can only think of two reasons why: A) To intimidate her supporters, or B) To gain political intelligence on their opponents, or both.

Think about this... a political party using government agencies to spy on the other political party... harking shades of "Tricky Dick" Nixon!
"Instead of monitoring the area for those who might wish harm to me and my constituents, Richfield Police were required to devote time to investigating why an HSI agent was outside of a Congressional event in a vehicle with mismatched plates," Omar said in a written statement on Monday. "It also raises serious and uncomfortable questions about the purpose of HSI's presence outside of my event."
That's a very, very, good question. And I think another very good question is, on who's orders?

But this intimidation goes a long ways back...


[/Editorial]

No comments:

Post a Comment