Wednesday, August 26, 2026

What I Read Into This

There is an article in the Huff Post over this photo.

First lady Melania Trump, left, and President Donald Trump arrive for a Fostering the Future event
in the Rose Garden of the White House in Washington, D.C., on Thursday, Aug. 20, 2026.
Bloomberg via Getty Images


But to me what this looks like is a battle of wills. This looks like abuse to me. It looks to me as if he is squeezing her hand until it hurts. Dominance, I am the boss, I am the president.

Others see it differently, the Huff Post article says,
Abbie MaroƱo, a behavioral scientist, told HuffPost that the couple entering the Rose Garden gave off a “controlled, coordinated display of unity.”

“Their interaction is restrained rather than overtly affectionate, but they are presenting themselves very clearly as a pair,” she said.
But is it forced?

No comments:

Post a Comment