[Editorial]
How many times have you heard that from people? How many times have you had to verify something through a “two-step” process involving a text?
So, stop and think for a moment. Where does that statement come from? What are its assumptions? Or look at it from a “privilege” perspective. Not from the smartphone have/have-not perspective, but rather from how many texts a person receives.
If you look at my phone, you will see that I have seven unread messages. I can tell you exactly what those seven messages are:
Hi, this is CVS…
Hi, this is CVS…
Hi, this is CVS…
Hi, this is CVS…
Hi, this is CVS…
Hi, this is CVS…
Hi, this is CVS…
Then we have the people who say, “I only text! I don’t do voicemail.”
Here is what I say: “What is your preferred way to be contacted?”
You know, it is simply about showing respect.
For the holidays or a family function, I know to check my texts. But my family knows that to get in touch with me, they should use email or Facebook.
Show some respect. Think about others.
[/Editorial]
No comments:
Post a Comment