[Editorial]
Is it only the boomers who crossdress?
Think about it: support groups for crossdressers are mainly seniors. Conferences… seniors. Boomers. Where are the other generations? The alphabet generations?
Well, they are in queer groups. Huh? Yeah, you see, there is a lot less stigma attached to crossdressing, so why do they need their own support groups? They are out there with their own generation.
So, will our support groups turn up inside LTC centers?
Senior Center’s Monday Meetings:
The Knitting CircleSetbackThe Crossdresser ClubBingoPhotography Club
Is this our fate?
Since I earned my “senior” badge by officially playing Bingo at a senior center, I think I qualify to wonder if we will truly see ourselves in “old folks’ homes”… Or will we just have another closet?
[/Editorial]
I don't think cross dressing is going away. I think the stigma will go away, especially 0nce the Orange Flake leaves, as the younger generation is more accepting. So, will the only organizations be the ones when we are in the senior centers and nursing homes? Probably but that may be a good thing,
ReplyDeleteI also think it is a good idea to have meetings in Senior centers and nursing homes.
Delete