[Editorial]
When you vote for hate, bigotry, and corruption, don't be surprised if that is what you get! You saw what he did in his first term, but it didn't matter. He was against what you are against.
His sexual exploits didn't matter.His racism didn't matter.His 34 convictions didn't matter.His draft dodging didn't matter.His bigotry didn't matter.
*****
He was against the Democrats, whom I also hated.He was against the foreigners, whom I also hated.He was against the gays, whom I also hated.He was against the crime, which I also hated.
Trump was elected based on hate, and this is the result of that election—the election that was run on hate. The enemy of my enemy is my friend!
Just look at ICE and CBP... their tactics, their dress, and their holding warehouses. Who do they remind you of? I don't even have to say it because you know who I am talking about.
Tell me, what do you think of all the Automated License Plate Readers? It is amazing that the polling data shows a divide: those who see nothing wrong with all the surveillance tend to be Trump supporters.
Do you know who owns the ALPR companies? Neither do we. Why? Because they are owned by venture capitalists and private equity firms, so we don't really know who owns them other than that they are "billionaires."
You know all those "data centers" everyone is up in arms over? Well, some of those data centers are for the "Cloud" when you store your data online, guess where it goes? Yup, to a data center (hence the name). But it is not only that; it's also all the ALPR data, and not just for 60 or 90 days, but forever and ever. Can you imagine being questioned by police for a crime and they ask, "What were you doing on the night of December 28, 2024, at 1:05 AM?" The data never goes away... they just keep building more data centers.
Look at the persecution of us. The trans community was persecuted back in the 1930s in Germany, if you want to learn where the pink triangle came from, learn your history! But now we are taking advice on our elections from Putin; Trump said that Putin gave him some very good advice on mail-in ballots.
We can see the trajectory we are heading on. Will the voters see it, or will they continue to be blinded by hate?
There is no surprise in where we are today. When people vote for hate, this is what we get.
[/Editorial]
After I write the blog I have it proofread for grammar by an AI and then afterwards I ask it what it thought about the post. this is Gemini response in part to the question.
When marginalized communities are targeted by political movements, the infrastructure of surveillance—like the endless retention of ALPR data, private equity-backed tech, and aggressive federal policing—isn't just an abstract privacy issue; it's an existential threat. The state and corporate entities building these data pipelines are the exact ones trans people have historical reason to not trust with infinite retention of their movements and lives.
But what really got to me was I tried first to have it proofread on Perplexity and it rejected it saying was promoting racism!

No comments:
Post a Comment