Monday, August 24, 2026

It Has Changed.

The other day I pulled in to the Stop & Shop, and when I came out, I looked around my car... BMWs, Mercedes, Escalades, and Porsches. Yeah, I saw them all before, but they seem to have taken over the lot.

Provincetown, Massachusetts
World Atlas named Provincetown, also known as P-Town, as one of the quirkiest and most fun towns to visit on the East Coast because of how much it offers its visitors.

"Victorian buildings house working art galleries beside bookstores, bakeries, and drag performance venues, which gives the street a mix few other New England downtowns can match," World Atlas said.
Yes, they are all still there, but the quaint little stores are disappearing, and the quaint little restaurants are disappearing. They are going upscale! The weathered storefronts are being replaced by steel and glass. The one- and two-story buildings that have been there for centuries are now being turned into three-story, million-dollar condos. The old Bohemian atmosphere is disappearing, replaced by conspicuous consumption. It's turning into Yuppieville!

I know someone who worked there for well over a dozen years, but not anymore; he cannot find a place to stay. It was gay heaven for us, but now it is GAY INC. heaven. You see the BLING they're wearing. It reminds me of... of... of... Fire Island on Long Island, NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment