Sunday, January 01, 2023

It Is That Time Again To Gaze Into The Crystal Ball

As Johnny Carlson used to call up Carnac the Magnificent, I will rub my crystal ball to see what is in store for us this year.

First here in Connecticut…

I foresee little action in the General Assembly, the only thing that I am pushing is a bill to require senior centers, nursing homes, and long term care facilities recognize special days for minority groups like Muslims and other religious days, Blacks and other ethnic groups, and for the LGBTQ+ community. But that is a long shot. However, I do think that the Republicans will introduce bills on "Parental Rights" I think that they will try to make it an issue.

I also foresee more protests against us here in CT, not violent like in other parts of the country. But in Roanoke Texas  armed protesters and armed supporters have already faced off and I see the protests spread to Connecticut and the rest of New England and I hope that they are not armed like in the South and Midwest.

Nationally, foresee the conservative states to once again go all out trying to pass anti-trans and anti-LGBQ legislation. And the House will be holding all types of anti-Democrat hearing, the president’s son, and the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan. I also foresee hearing and bills being passed in the House on abortions, drag shows, and trans healthcare.

In Newsweek there is an article that writes about the worst anti-trans states,

Map of U.S. Shows How Anti-Trans Legislation Could Impact Across States
By Khaleda Rahman
July 20, 2022


An activist's map tracking the risk of anti-transgender legislation across the country has gone viral on social media.

A number of Republican-led states have passed bills this year targeting trans young people, including measures that block access to gender-affirming health care, restrict participation in sports and prohibit classroom discussion of gender identity.

"I've been tracking anti-transgender legislation for 3 years," Erin Reed wrote alongside the color-coded map, in a July 18 tweet that has been shared more than 12,000 times.

"I often get asked in DMs, 'I live in x state, should I flee/transition/come out?' So I've decided to make a risk assessment for future anti-trans legislation."

[…]

Reed's map divides U.S. states into five categories, ranging from those with the "worst active anti-trans laws" to the "safest states with protections."

Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Texas are the states with the worst anti-trans laws or enforcement, according to Reed's map.

[…]

The states safest from anti-transgender laws are California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, Vermont and Washington, according to Reed's map, along with Washington, D.C.

Erin Reed's Map

I think we will see a lot more anti-trans and anti-LGBTQ+ legislation coming out of the red and orange states and I think you will start to see anti-Drag Queen legislation coming out of them. That is their new bogeyman of the Republicans. 

Bias crimes will continue to climb so will acts of terrorism attacking electrical substations. And sadly I foresee increase levels of violence against us including violence at drag events and at Pride events. There might be even armed protesters blocking Pride parades.

Of course COVID will still be with us and we will still have to get our booster.

What do you think will happen this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment