Tuesday, January 10, 2023

A New Era! Retail Sales Are Here!

"If you want a good smoke, try one of these."
Reefer Madness  1936 Public Domain
I first started smoking pot back around 1970… the evil drug… the gateway to heroin! It was illegal!

Well we were hanging out at a speed shop one afternoon, there were about ten of us there when a friend came in and said “I just scored some good pot! Anyone smoke some?”

I was aghast!

I looked around the and expected someone to speak up against it.

But to my surprise everyone but me said yes! The owners went to the door and changed the sign from “Open” to “Closed”

The insane pot smoking Jazz musician
Reefer Madness 1936 Public Domain

That was when I turned “To the darkside” and took a hit. And coughed my lungs out.

Over the years it was where could I score an Oz, is it an undercover cop?

One time driving down the main road it town my friend said stop! Stop! And there was a cop coming the other way and he started to wave to him, the cop stopped next to me and I rolled down my window. My friend said “I got some good shit, stop over tonight!” OMG!!!!!

You never knew what you were buying, shit weed? One time I found a dead mouse in the pot, you couldn’t go back to the seller to complain… you might get a gun in your stomach.

There was always fear when you went to score an ounce, will I get robbed? Will I get busted? Will something be added to the pot?

Today I am driving down to a pot store to buy a ¼ ounce.

Fifty-three years later I am no longer a criminal. No more seeded neighborhoods and shady characters. Now it is a shiny store with a price list on the wall and I list the contents on a label.

Pot was banned by the conservatives fearing that Mexican immigrants and Blacks were using “Devil Weed” and spreading it to the White teenagers!

Reefer Madness a movie was financed by a church group under the title “Tell Your Children” Hmm… a where are we seeing "Tell Your Children" now? The pogrom against LGBTQ+ people! The religious “Buttinskies” has to try to force their beliefs on everyone else.

2 comments:

  1. I trust you got some good stuff! It is probably much higher quality than the "good old days"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard Nelson1/10/23, 10:39 PM

      Depends on where and what was the good old days. I used to run "pot" from Northern California down the coast. It was mainly tops. Some called it witches' pot. Yeah baby fly. I also was a tester when I lived in Stirling City for a group of ex-Hells Angels who had moved up to the mountains. One whiff on opening the bag was all it took. A couple of useless freaks who tried to sell us crap were sent packing down the mountains. I no longer smoke the stuff. The new stuff smells like skunk and hangs on a person's clothing. Some say it is stronger today but if a person smoked some of the tops, I ran there was no need for acid. Some farmers knew what they were doing.

      Delete