Saturday, January 21, 2023

Saturday 9: Kiss

Sam’s Saturday 9: Kiss (1986)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this week's song, Prince insists there's no particular sign he's more compatible with. Do you take astrology seriously?

Nope, not a bit.

2) He tells his prospective lover there's no need to be flirty. Are you a good flirt?

I am a horrible flirt and I don’t recognize if I am being flirted with.

3) He refers to the nighttime soap opera Dynasty. Were you a fan?

Nope, but my mother and aunt watched it regularly.

4) "Kiss" was recorded at Sunset Sound Recorders in Hollywood. Built by Walt Disney Studio, it's the studio where the soundtracks to Mary Poppins and 101 Dalmatians were recorded. When you think of Disney movies, what's the first song that comes to mind?

Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho It's Off To Work I Go.


5) Prince said he was "obsessed" with Mozart and read everything he could find about the master. Do you often read biographies? If yes, who was the last one about?

Nope, the last one that I read was Annie Leibovitz biography that was giving to me by the non-profit where I interned for my MSW, the Connecticut Women's Education and Legal Fund (CWEALF)

6) He loved snacking while watching a movie in the theater and would mix Goobers (chocolate-covered peanuts) with his popcorn. When you go to the movies, do you visit the concession counter?

Um… I haven’t been to a movie in a dogs age. I think they are way overpriced.

7) In 1986, when this song was popular, Peewee's Playhouse premiered. While ostensibly for children, this show had many, many adult viewers. Do you ever watch kids' shows today?

Nope.

8) Also in 1986, Sears shoppers were painting their interior walls with "Country Clover," a pale beige with a hint of pink. What color is the room you're in right now?

Light green.

9) Random question: Do you enjoy pressing the pedal to the metal and driving fast?

I try to not go over 5 mph on secondary roads and 10 mph on divided highways.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!


I had my heart stress test this week, a lot of huffing and puffing on the treadmill but my heart is okay.

I will just glow in the dark for the next couple of days. 

6 comments:

  1. As a pedestrian and passenger, I appreciate your answer to #9.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #6...we went to the movies over the summer and the people in front of us spent $75 in tickets and snacks. I was in sticker shock. We just got tickets and watched the movie.
    #9..I stick to just a few miles over the speed limit also, but I like to consider that driving fast....hahhahahaa Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad your heart is ok. I try to drive the speed limit these days. I think the older we get the more cautious we are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your heart is ok! I'm not a speed demon but I do go a bit above the limit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My rooms are almost all some shade of green.
    I grew up in the country and so we did test the limits of our vehicles but now, I don't speed at all, and haven't since moving to the city. Any city.
    Saw your note and I'll add my voice to the congrats! So good to hear. We humans need the people like you HERE...

    ReplyDelete