Saturday, December 28, 2019

Saturday 9: Cold as Ice

Sam's Saturday 9: Cold as Ice (1977)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…



Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

Our last Saturday 9 of 2019. Thank you for another great year, everyone!

1) Look back on 2019 and share a happy moment.
I hate these kind of questions… my mind goes blank.
I don’t think it is any one time but I enjoy relaxing up at the cottage.

2) As 2019 ends, are you making any New Year's resolutions for 2020?
Just one… to make it to 2021 in good health.

3) Tell us about an obstacle or challenge you faced in 2019.
Making it through to this new year, I threw my back out in the spring and it hurt most of the summer until I finally decide to go to physical therapy and it worked… no more back pain.

4) Is it "cold as ice" outside where you are today?
Ha! Anything but,it is in the forties and for Christmas it was 50!

5) Foreigner is this week's featured artist. The band formed in New York City. If you were to travel to New York City, what would you be sure to see?
Well I don’t like the city. The last couple of times I went there was to see a Broadway play, I went by train and we walked a couple of blocks to the theater.

6) The band went by the name Trigger. They changed it because their prospective record label was already auditioning a different group named Trigger. They settled on Foreigner because half the members were foreign -- from England. If you received a free, round-trip airline ticket to any foreign country, where would you go?
Probably to Scotland or maybe to the Scandinavian countries

7) In 1977, when this song was popular, Star Wars was breaking all box office records. The Spy Who Loved Me, a James Bond movie, was also a 1977 hit. Which film series do you prefer: Star Wars or James Bond?
The early Bond movies were good because they were Ian Fleming’s books, the other Bond movies were just cookie cutter books. The same goes for the Star Wars movies, it was fresh and original and the other movies were just formula movies, they didn’t seem fresh.

8) In 1977, Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak incorporated Apple. Are you answering these 9 questions on an Apple product (PC, laptop, pad or phone)?
PC. I started out on an Apple II+ but work used PCs and I was used to the software.

9) Random question: What was the last thing you thought of as you dozed off last night?
I hope that I sleep the night through… I didn’t. I woke at 2:30, had breakfast at 5 and went back to sleep until 9.

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

  1. #8 -- My answer would be the same but opposite. I became a Macintosh girl because it's what was used at work and now I'm just so comfortable with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me see...thinking back on what you have written over this past year, your parties with your friends at the cottage sound like happy moments to me for #1.
    I am glad your back is doing better. I know that kind of pain is terrible. I see a chiropractor regularly. Loved your answers! Have a Happy New Year 2020!

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always think I should like Apple but I don't. I have an iPhone and it works well for me, but I don't see myself purchasing an expensive Apple computer. Besides, everything I have is on Windows OS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #9--I have interrupted sleep, too. ugh!

    ReplyDelete