Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Public Funding

When I think of public funding I think that it should be used by everyone, that you cannot discriminate. So a school club has to be open to every student. Period.

If it is a photography club the club should be open to anyone who wants to attend, even non-photographers. Likewise a knitting club should be open to anyone who wants to attend, the same goes for a LGBTQ+ club.
Christian club blocked by school district officials who allegedly tell student leader she can't 'limit it to the Christian Faith'
The Christian club allegedly couldn't be recognized unless it modified its views to something more 'generic'
The Blaze
By Dave Uurbanski
December 13, 2019

Daniela Barca approached a teacher over the summer about her idea to start a Christian club at Roy C. Ketcham High School in Wappingers Falls, New York.

"I am a Christian," the 14-year-old said at the time, according to First Liberty Institute. "But sometimes it seems like I'm the only one. I want to start this club for other students like me so we can support each other in our beliefs. The school district celebrates diversity and the right to express who you are. All I want is to be allowed to express who I am. Everyone deserves as much."
So my question is will the club allow non-Christians to attend? Will they allow affirming Christians religions or.will they just allow evangelical Christians?

If it is open to everyone I have no problem having a Christian club. If it is open to only Christians then I have a problem with the club and I definitely have a problem if it is only for evangelical Christians.

1 comment:

  1. Excuse me, but my twisted mind can't help but imagine an actual Christian club - the one many Christians wield to discriminate. :-)

    ReplyDelete