Saturday, December 21, 2019

Saturday 9: Happy Holidays!

Sam’s Saturday 9: Happy Holidays! (from the archives)

On Saturdays I take a break from the heavy stuff and have some fun…



1. As you can see, Sam loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. Yet some children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick's lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you by pass it altogether -- either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn't celebrate Christmas?
I probably did because I wanted presents for Christmas so you had to put up with visiting Santa

2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?
I’m always naughty.
She said with a twinkle in her eye.

3. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If so, which one traveled the farthest?
Nope… I’m not visiting family this year, my nephews are at their in-laws this Christmas.

4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year?
No, but I will probably buy something for myself after the Christmas rush in January.

5. What's your favorite holiday-themed movie? Have you seen it yet this year?
I don’t have one, there are no new movies that I like and all the classic movies I have seen many, many times… too many times.

6. Thinking of movies, Christmas is lucrative for Hollywood. Have you ever gone to a movie theater on Christmas Day?
Yes, one time on the “off year” (like this Christmas when they are at their in-laws) we saw a movie my grand nephew wanted to see and then we had Chinese afterward.

7. Have you ever suffered an embarrassing moment at the company Christmas party?
No, but I had fun watching others make idiots out of them selves.
One time in the late seventies, when drinking at work was not frowned upon, on the shop floor there were bottles of booze on the conveyor belt and by the time they got to the end of the conveyor belt they were empty… the ladies on the production line were in a good mood by noon.

8. What's your favorite beverage in cold weather?
Hot chocolate or hot tea.

9. Share a memory from last Christmas.
Gee… that was a whole year ago! Do you expect me to remember that far back?

Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us next week for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your holidays!


5 comments:

  1. My Jewish friends go out for Chinese every Christmas. It's something I always wanted to try. I wonder if the Chinese restaurants are busy on 12/25.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just really can't go wrong with hot chocolate! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't remember last Christmas either; I had to look back at my blog! I hope you have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's almost a green Christmas around here. But we'll likely have snow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I shake my little forked tail at thee. 😂
    Chinese food sounds very good! My daughter and her boyfriend are coming Christmas Day, and I want Chinese take out!
    Yum! More Hot Chocolate!
    Merry Merry, Diana.

    ReplyDelete