Sunday, December 29, 2019

I Am Worried

The internet is forever.

If you do a Google vanity search of me there are “About 345,000 results” hits, you can still read my old Geocities blog on the “Wayback Machine,” what is posted on the internet never goes away. It has been archived somewhere on the World Wide Web.

That is way I am worried for the trans children on the web…
'I Am Jazz' Surgeon Fired After Wildly Inappropriate Scandal
Show Biz Cheat Sheet
By John Wolfe
December 25, 2019

I Am Jazz is slated to return soon, a thrilling piece of news for fans of the hit TLC show. This new season will feature Jazz Jennings dealing with surgery complications, and a difficult relationship and its resulting drama.

However, in something of a blast from the past, a doctor who appeared on I Am Jazz has been fired and disgraced after wildly inappropriate behavior both on Instagram and in real life. Dr. Christopher John Salgado has made a variety of poor choices leading up to his removal from his network. Here’s what went down.
[…]
For fans of I AM Jazz, there is good news on the horizon. The show will premiere its sixth season with Jazz Jennings very soon.

TLC president Howard Lee told The Wrap, “Jazz is the quintessential example of living authentically and embracing one’s true self and that is what TLC seeks to celebrate in all of our programming.”
Once you are on the internet you are very OUT and there is no hiding that you are trans.

One person that I know was on a dating site and she was older that a cis woman, trans woman was older that cis woman. My friend was concerned about the age difference and the cis woman said “get over it” and when she agreed to go out on a date with the cis woman; the cis woman googled her and found out she was trans.

I have to wonder how the lives of trans people are changed because now they are out on the internet.

I work hard to hide a link between my full name on this blog. But there is enough information out there  that a reporter found my home phone number… and that was scary!

Miqqi Gilbert said famously “There is out and then there is OUT” when Miqqi did an interview for the campus newspaper and the article was picked up by the major national newspaper.

So I am worried that the kids today on the internet will be forever labeled “Trans.”

No comments:

Post a Comment