Sunday, February 18, 2018

Amend The Second Amendment?

[RANT]
I am against it for the following reasons; there are two ways to amend the U.S. Constitution, the first is Congress by a vote two thirds of its members can propose an amendment and then three fourths of the states have to vote in favor of the amendment or the states can call for a Constitutional Convention where three fourths of the delegates vote in favor of the amendment.

I fear a Constitutional Convention because once convened they are limited to just the Second Amendment, I can see the Republican states delegates adding an antiabortion, an anti-LGBT, and a pro “religious freedom” amendments. Since the Republicans control almost enough states to get the ¾ is the states this is a real possibility.

The second reason that I am against is that this country is already divided on gun control and passing an amendment to the Second Amendment would rip this country apart.

I much rather that they pass sane gun laws first as I wrote about in this rant.
[/RANT]

No comments:

Post a Comment