Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Yes, It Is Possible

When I first went on Cross Sex Hormones I was taking Estrogen along with Progesterone, I took Progesterone for the first year only… but I had an interesting side effect.
Transgender woman becomes first in the world to breastfeed for six weeks after DIY hormone therapy and breast pumping
  • Patient, 30, told doctors at Mt Sinai her partner was pregnant but didn't want to breastfeed
  • Doctors helped design a hormone and breast pumping regimen
  • By two weeks before the due date the patient was producing 8oz a day of breastmilk
  • She was able to breastfeed for six weeks exclusively after the birth, then with other food sources for another six months as recommended for newborns 
By: Mia de Graaf
14 Feb, 2018

A transgender woman has become the first in the world to exclusively breastfeed her baby despite not giving birth nor undergoing gender-reassignment surgeries.

The 30-year-old woman, who has not been identified, told doctors at Mt Sinai's Center for Transgender Medicine and Surgery that her partner was pregnant but did not wish to breastfeed, and she hoped to try instead.

For three-and-a-half months before the birth, the woman was put on a dose of hormone replacement therapy which the patient obtained from Canada, as well as breast pumping, until she could produce eight ounces of milk a day.

By the time the child was born, the patient was producing enough milk to exclusively nurse for six weeks, then continued breastfeeding alongside other food sources for six months.
[…]
They upped the dosage to 20mg a day, while doubling her increasing her 'feminizing hormones' (micronized progesterone and estradiol), plus an extra breast pump per day. A month later, they increased her progesterone and estradiol doses once again.
While I was taking the progesterone I started to lactate and that scared me because I didn’t know what that white liquid was coming out of my nipples. And it happened at work! I had these two wet spots on my shirt and it freaked me out, I called my endo and he said, “Oh don’t worry that happens to some trans women when they start progesterone.”

But I had a complication… one of the milk ducts became clogged and it swelled up like a zit, and it hurt like hell. My doctor told me to put warm compresses on it until the clog cleared.

So this just goes to show you how close the male and female bodies are. Even males have milk ducts.

No comments:

Post a Comment